Edwin Samuels has become one of the foremost DUI experts in California. He has over 10 years experience in defending both misdemeanor and felony DUI cases. Also, he has had remarkable success against the DMV in helping those accused keep their driving privileges.
He has also become extremely knowledgeable about the complications of interstate driver's license problems for those out of state residents accused of DUI in California, and those California residents who are facing a DUI, and planning to move out of state.
Born: November 27, 1951 in Fort Worth, Texas
Admitted to Bar:
- State Bar of California, 1988
- Federal District Court, Northern District of California, Admitted 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Admitted 1988
- San Jose State University, B.A., 1974
- Peninsula Law School, J.D., 1988
- Edwin Samuels has helped over one thousand people charged with DUI.
- Undergraduate degree from San Jose State University, 1974, law degree from Peninsula Law School, 1988. Member of the California Bar and licensed to practice before the Ninth Circuit Federal Court and the Federal District Court for the Northern District of California, since 1988.
- Worked for a San Jose law firm and exclusively handled drinking driver cases for over three years. During that time became expert, not only in the defense of these cases, but also in helping clients save their privileges to drive, by successfully fighting, or working with, the DMV.
- Now associated as a partner with John D, Cahners, has continued to expand the practice of DUI defense to include even the most serious kinds of cases involving injury and death.
- Member of Palo Alto Area Bar Association and Deuce Defenders.
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Palo Alto Area Bar Association
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice (CACJ)
- California Deuce Defenders
Our firm serves all of Northern California and the Bay Area with particular emphasis in criminal defense for Palo Alto, Redwood City, Sunnyvale, San Jose, Santa Clara County, San Mateo County and Alameda County.